A good pair of fabric shears is a life time investment and can bring the owners joy for years to come. A bad pair of bland pair of scissors can truly turn your sewing experience in to one of frustration and misery. This is why it is always necessary to spend some extra and get the best pair of tailor scissors you can get your hands on. Here is how to choose the best pair of scissors :
- View buying scissors as an investment, since with proper care they can last you a lifetime. If you can afford to spend much, look for discount deals online, you are sure to find the perfect pair.
- A good pair of fabric shears is to be bought from a fabric store and not your local drugstore or office supply place. Ask the proprietor of the fabric store for advice; he might know the best brand since he works with them year in and year out.
- Ask friends and family who share your passion for sewing or quilting, they can offer good advice since they are already involved in sewing. Also check out online forums for answers.
- When buying a pair of scissor your heart is set on, always make sure to hold it in your hand and try cutting fabric with them. Make sure they feel comfortable in your hand and are equally balanced.
- Never buy scissors without first knowing what you will be using them for. There are different scissors for different things like pattern cutting and so on. Try not to use a scissor specified for one particular jib for something else.
- Always protect your sewing scissors. Things like paper, plastic or anything other than fabric should not be cut with fabric scissors. Keep them secure in your sewing kit so few hands get to use them.
- Before settling down for a sewing session, always make sure that your sewing scissors are well sharpened. If not, make sure to get them sharpened, a lot of vendors who sell cutlery also provide the service of sharpening the blades of scissors and knifes for their customers. So get in touch with the company you got your scissors from or get them sharpened locally.
- Another thing that most people seem to over look is hat if you are left handed then get scissors which are specifically made for left-handed individuals. This could save you a lot of frustration and damage to the scissors in future.
So if you are interested in investing in the best pair of tailor scissors ever, look no further than Famore Cutlery. Famore Cutlery is a company that takes pride in producing some of the world best Famore scissors, made with premium quality Japanese steel. Famore Fabric Scissors come in all sizes and shapes; they produce custom scissors for each phase of sewing and quilting and offer scissor sharpening services to their customers as well.
- Sewing Scissors